Monday, December 26, 2011

Write

"Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this."  Revelation 1:19

I had a dream last night that I needed to reflect upon for a while this morning.  It was one of those dreams that puzzled me because it regarded a situation that I wouldn't think I would normally be involved in.  But the more I think on it, the more I am certain it was saying something to me, and it was using an analogy to try and get the point across.   I'm going to be mulling over this one for the next while, because I think I've only begun to scrape the surface as far as what this dream could be saying to me.

In the dream I found myself suddenly in the office of the governor of our state.  He had been waiting for someone specifically to come in, but when he found me there, he decided that I could take care of this important task for him instead of this other person.  He then proceeded to open up this manual of sorts and tell me more about my task.  I was to write for him.  I was going to be "the one" to write a 2100 paragraph report on something important.  It was vitally important, what it specifically was, I couldn't tell you, but it was extremely important that this report get written.  He handed me this manual, loaded with his notes and then gave me a deadline.  I was so excited as I walked out of that office, but a bit daunted by the idea of writing 2100 paragraphs.

On my way out to the parking lot, I suddenly couldn't find my car, and then I found myself in a cloak-and-dagger experience, as there were bad guys trying to get the manual I had been given.  They wanted to write their own report using those top secret notes.  I managed to somehow lose that manual, and rather than give up completely, I decided, as I drove home, that I would still be able to write this important report, I would just have to do a whole lot more work to get the report written.

It was a really strange dream, I have to say.  I almost discarded it at first, but the more I've thought on it, the more I think there is something there.   I don't think that it's saying that I'm meant to write some vital tome or report, and I don't think I'm going to be involved in something that is going to put me in peril, nor do I think it has anything to do with the governors office.

But I do think it has to do with the physical act of writing.  It could be this blog specifically, because I'll tell you, despite the resurgence I've enjoyed this month, there are days where it's really been a struggle to get myself to sit down and write.  I've had many great thoughts over the month about different scriptures, and I'll think about them and remind myself to dig deeper with the blog.  And then the blogging time comes, and those thoughts are completely gone- as if my notes have been stolen from me.   And yet, I find myself determined to continue, determined to put something down, because I will not fail, and I will not allow my blogging to be stolen from me.

It could very well be that this dream was a simple way of encouraging me to keep keeping on.  And yet there was also an element of excitement in this dream, and that is one thing that I'm really going to be thinking on further.  I enjoy my blogging here, but I would hardly call it exciting or riveting... it isn't a "life's work" so to speak.  I'm going to keep my mind open to the idea of this exciting thing as we head into the new year ahead.  I have to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in the new year ahead.  Surely He is up to something, I've been feeling that for a while, and I'm looking forward to at least getting a glimmer of an idea of what that is.  I do know this, it's going to be good, and full of His Love. 

I hope that I get to be one of the ones to write it down.

No comments: