Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Warfare Wednesday

“God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.” Hebrews 6:10

God is not unjust.  What a great way to start the day, thinking on that thought! When I read this verse, I instantly think about our country, and how historically we have always been a refuge for those who need it.   I pray this morning that we stay that way.  As the lawmakers spend time working on issues with immigration, I pray that the right decisions would be made, that we would always be able to show love to those who need it- from anywhere in the world! America has always been a symbol for freedom and justice, and I pray that we stay that way.

In addition to being known for freedom, America has also long been known as a friend of Israel- and I definitely pray that we stay that way as well.  I pray that our current president will realize just how important Israel is to the world, and that we will stand beside her through thick and thin.  That's one of the things the verse above is speaking about- God will remember the country who remains beside Israel, and our country sure could use some remembering.

I also want to continue to pray for the Deep South this morning.  We spent time praying for the tornado ravage parts of the south before, but today I want to pray for those along the Mississippi river who are facing severe flooding.  That river has had many names- including the Great River and Big River by Native American tribes.  When I think on the name Great River, I am reminded of The One who is truly Great- One who is "superior in quality", and I just know that what we see with our natural eyes is a sign of the things to come from God above.  While the Great River is overflowing and flooding our lands, God wants to overflow upon this country and flood us with His goodness and His mercies.  I pray this morning that He does just that- that He will have mercy upon those who live near the Mississippi, and that He will flood the hearts of this country- instead of our lands.

And finally, I continue to pray this morning for President Obama and his family.  I pray this morning that God would continue to protect them from any harm, and that He would flood them with Godly wisdom and love.  I pray that God would bless them for their service to this country, and that they would know that He truly loves them and appreciates their sacrifice for this nation. May God Bless President Obama, and may He bless the United States of America.

No comments: