Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Warfare Wednesday: Unity

"But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand."  Matthew 12:25

I caught myself today!  Good gravy, I had a post all written up, spell-checked it, went to hit publish, and then said, oh my gosh, it's Wednesday!  Guess I shouldn't have skipped Monday's posting, as it threw me off!  But I caught myself in time, and as I read the headlines this morning, I knew immediately what today's Warfare Wednesday prayer focus needed to be.

Unity. 

Our federal government is not united.  It's so not united, that they cannot come to an agreement about the budget, and that means that if no agreement is made, a shutdown of our government will take place.  This means thousands of people who work for the government will not work- they will not have an income.  It also means, well, our government will be running on the bare minimum.  When is that ever good!? 

In a time when people are just filled with despair, and they look at the news and see bad this and bad that, it's time for some good news to come about!  It's time for our country to come together in unity and agree with each other to work for the good of ALL people!  A house divided cannot stand!  Those are Jesus's very words, and they are very true- our country needs to stop fighting itself and come together under one banner- the banner of God!

So this morning, as we continue to pray for President Obama, I am focused on one thing, unity for our United States of America.  It's how this country came together in the first place!  People came together in unity and wanted to worship God in their own ways, and not according to the ways of the king.  And as I think about all the fighting and bickering going on in our nation's capital, I just can't help but think, what if, every single one of those people just stopped for a moment and asked "what would God like to see for our country" then they could come together in unity- desiring God's best for this blessed nation.

One nation, under God.  It is possible, but it will only happen if the people will pray.


"if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments: