Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Warfare Wednesday

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."  James 4:10

This week for my Warfare Wednesday post, I really just want to concentrate on praying for protection for our elected leaders.  As President Obama travels to my neck of the woods today, I pray that he will stay safe and that God's angels will protect him from any trouble trying to get through.  I also pray that while the president is traveling, that Michelle and their daughters will stay protected and safe from all harm.  Last night was the State of The Union Address here in the United States, and emotions tend to run high after such a speech.  I pray that those who would desire to do harm to the First Family would be stopped in their tracks, and unable to do anything against this family who loves their country and its people.

I also want to pray this morning for the safety of our new governor here in Wisconsin, Scott Walker.  He has ideas and motivation that is not real popular in the city he is governing from.  I pray that God would surround Governor Walker and his family with a legion of angels to protect them from any harm that may try to come their way.   I also pray that Mr. Walker would surround himself with Godly men and women while he is in office, and that he would seek their counsel, and the counsel of the Lord in all things.

And I pray for our nations senators and representatives.  As we have learned in  recent weeks, they need to be covered in prayers of protection as well.  I pray that all over the country, that those who would wish to do harm to the elected officials would suddenly find themselves flooded with the love of God, and would choose to do nothing against the leaders who represent the people.

I also want to pray that the people will pray.  May the people of this country feel a deep need to pray for their elected leaders, and for the state of this country.  If more people would pray, and ask God for His Glory to once again shine across this land, I think that we would see a drastic improvement in the overall attitude in this country.  I pray that people will feel the need to pray for President Obama and his family, and so then they will pray.   The more people who will take the time out of their day to pray for this president, the more likely we are to truly see change come about with this country.  If enough of us will pray, perhaps President Obama will really and truly come to know the Lord God and will guide this country back onto the path she began over 200 years ago. 


"if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments: