Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"For the LORD is our judge,
   the LORD is our lawgiver,
the LORD is our king;
   it is he who will save us."  Isaiah 33:22


Happy Wednesday! Today is the day of the week that we set aside time to specifically pray for President Obama and other government leaders.  This morning I want to pray specifically for wisdom for our president.  As he meets with other government leaders from around the world in South Korea, I pray that he will seek Godly wisdom and understanding.  I pray that God will give him discernment to know when he should stand up against something, or wholeheartedly support something else.  May God keep President Obama safe while he is in a part of the world that isn't always known for safety. 

I also want to pray for the transitional governments of the US Senate and House of Representatives.  During this time of transition, when many representatives and senators are packing up to leave the job to someone newly elected, I pray that there will be kindness and peace and understanding.  I pray that the transitions will be smooth, and that there will be no trickery on the part of the exiting leaders. 

I also have an odd thing to pray this morning.  I want to pray that God would shut the mouths of the political analysts during this time of transition.  Right now, much of our country is flooded with hope, as we see that change is truly desired by the people, and all it takes is some foul words on the part of the analysts to sow seeds of discontent and malice.  I am praying for understanding and wisdom for these people, that they would see that their words do make a difference.  And I am praying that  they would be filled with the desire to speak positive and encouraging words over the airwaves of this country.  We truly need to stop criticizing and analyzing one another, and it needs to start with those who have the loudest voices.

Mostly I pray this morning that those who think they know best will come to know God.  That they will know that only God knows what is best for this country.  And then I pray they start speaking the truth, and using their voices to share the Glory and Goodness of God.  Instead of spreading ill throughout this nation. 

May God Bless America, but more importantly, May American Bless God.

No comments: