Tuesday, November 23, 2010

To Be Joyful

"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations."  Psalm 100:4-5

I read these verses this morning, and all I could think at first was how joyful these verses are!  It's a holiday week here, and maybe I'm already bubbling up with joy because of that, but gosh, I just read these verses and saw a wonderful party.  I saw crowds upon crowds of people entering into a pair of gates singing, dancing, and being filled completely with joy.

There will be a day!  There will be a day when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess, and we will ALL enter into his courts with praise.

That's a day I cannot wait for!!

Yesterday I spent a good time during the day working with my kids to do some cleaning.  And while it was a bit of work, I was still feeling incredibly thankful.  Thankful for my kids, for this house we're living in, and the freedom to do what we want together every day. Today will be another day like that, and here it is, morning, and I'm already thankful for the afternoon in front of me.  Because no matter how the day goes, I know that God is good all the time!  God is so good, He showed me a song that He wants me to share this week.

Because it's a holiday week, I'm going to be taking a few days off to spend time with family and friends.   Know that I love you, but more importantly, God loves you.  And he wanted you to know that today and this week.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

If you get my postings via e-mail, you'll want to click through to the actual blog and check out the music video I've posted. Enjoy!

No comments: