Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name." Zechariah 14:9

This week I am praying for peace and wisdom in the United States government. This week, hearings are being held for the confirmation of Elena Kagen as Supreme Court Justice. Historically, these hearings could get divisive, and I just pray that the men and women sitting in on the hearings will keep things peaceful and will ask the right questions- and that above all, God's will would be done in these matters.

I am also praying for God to intervene with Hurricane Alex. I pray that He would weaken the storm so it would not cause any destruction to the Texan and Mexican coasts where it is headed. May God show grace and mercy to the people of that area. May God also protect the oil spill workers who are working day and night in that region to try and clean up the oil. This past Sunday, the states most affected by the oil spill called for a statewide day of prayer. Seeing the different proclamations by the governors was amazing- and brought tears to my eyes. I have faith that God will intervene in a mighty way to clean up this oil, and I am looking forward to seeing it in action. It is my prayer that the world will know that our country bowed its knees to God and that God will get the glory for the miracle that is about to happen in the gulf.

And then I have something... different to pray for this morning. I keep reading news reports and predictions over and over about how the cost of living in our country is just going to keep going up. I want to pray that these predictions will stop. All these things do is cause fear in people who can't afford an increase in living. And fear is not from God. I pray that the predictions coming out will be positive, and will not cause the people to fear for their future. That as they look at the negative predictions, they will reject them, and they will turn to God to supply ALL their needs.

That's really what our country needs. We need to stop turning to man for all the answers- we need to stop placing our faith in human beings to change things for the better. Instead, we need to turn to God, because God IS our supply. He IS all the answers we could possibly needs. He loves this country! He has loved this country from its very beginnings, when men and women came to this land in search of a home where they were able to worship God as they saw fit- and not as a tyrant king saw fit. The way I worship God may not be the same way my neighbor worships God- and that is the most beautiful thing about this country. Regardless of the faith and the manner, every person is able to worship the One and Only True God in whatever way they want to. May the citizens of our country see this. Instead of fighting with each other- instead of fighting with other faiths, trying to declare ours the best, may we instead embrace our differences and rejoice in the fact that we are really working together. Together we can worship and praise God and bring healing to our land.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

If God will meet my needs and the needs of my family- God can meet the needs of an entire nation- we just need to ask Him for it.

No comments: