Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Right now I am so thankful! I am so incredibly thankful that the car bomb in NYC was thwarted and discovered. Times Square is one of the busiest places on the planet, and a car bomb going of there would certainly cause many to lose their lives. But worse, it would cause fear in the hearts of the American people. May the people of New York, and other major cities be encouraged that this plan for disaster was thwarted, and the suspect has now been arrested. The last thing we want is for fear to take over the lives of the American people. We will not be afraid! And I pray that God will continue to protect the people of this nation that He loves so much.

And I am praying this week for much wisdom for President Obama. He has so much coming at him from so many directions, I pray that God would give him the energy he needs to give each and every matter his full attention and consideration. And may He consult with God on these matters of importance. May he realize that he can not lead this country alone, but that with the help of God, He can take this country in the direction it needs to go.

I am praying for the situation in the gulf coast with the oil spill. I am praying for all those men and women who are working on the scene, trying to contain the oil- I'm praying for their safety, and for supernatural energy so that they can get the job done. That leak is 5000 feet below the surface- hazardous at best. May God keep these precious people safe from harm while they work around the clock to contain this disaster.

But speaking of disaster...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

While we may not see it yet, I believe that God has something for His precious children that will come as a result of this disaster. He uses all things for good... just as He used an earthquake in Haiti to get the nation to come together in prayer and repentance, God can use this disaster for something awesome. I pray that He does just that. I pray that He wows the people of this country, and of this earth by using what the enemy would like for harm, and use it for something absolutely wonderful.

No comments: