Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray." Psalm 5:2

It's that day of the week again. It's the day where we concentrate our prayer efforts and pray for the world around us. While I pray for President Obama more than just Wednesdays, today I especially make sure that I do. It's just so disheartening sometimes, as his presidency goes on, because it seems like more and more I hear from people how terrible of a job he is doing, and how the country just doesn't seem like it's headed in the right direction.

Of course it's not headed in the right direction! There is only one right direction, and until that direction- the direction of God- is established, we need to pray for revelation for our president. We need to pray that our president would seek God when he is seeking answers, that he would fall to his knees and ask God for help in turning this country around.

And we need to pray for constant protection for this man and his family. Because God loves them so much! God appointed them for a time such as this, and I pray that He will bless them for their willingness to serve their country, and that He will keep them protected and safe at all times.

And I'm praying for the legislature this morning as well. What a circus up there on the hill! Every day if we turn on the news or read a paper we get to hear about all the arguing and fighting and allegations... it's no wonder so many smaller communities are struggling in this country, when the example we have at the top shows everyone looking out for themselves. I am praying that the Godly men and women on the hill will gain their voices and will be heard. I am praying that those who seek God first will emerge as natural leaders, and will steer the House and the Senate in the directions they need to be steered. That Godly decisions will be made, and that an accord will be found among the politicians. The last thing we need is to be fighting from within. Instead we should be focused on fighting the enemy, and the principalities of darkness.

It's an election year for many, and I feel like I need to pray about that. As campaigns get underway for senators, representatives, governors and mayors around the country, I pray that the process this year will be peaceable. I pray for honorable campaigns and that the people that God wants in office will get elected. And may the people not find themselves divided. More than anything I pray for that, because when we are a country divided, we cannot get anything accomplished. When we work together, we can change the world.

No comments: