Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 1 Timothy 2:1-2

This week I am praying for President Obama and his staff as they prepare for the State of The Union address tonight. This is an important part of the presidents job- as he updates the country on how the last year has gone, and looks ahead to the year to come. I am praying this morning for his continued safety- and for the safety of his beautiful family as well.

I am thankful for our President's willingness to serve our country. Even as he prepares to give the biggest speech of the year, it must be difficult, knowing that the second the cameras are off, the newsmedia will tell the people what was important and what was not. It does have to be difficult to prepare a speech, or words of encouragement knowing that his words could be twisted to fit someone else's agenda. I pray that this year, things change and are different. I pray that the newsmedia hears only the truth, and that the people hear only the truth, and not the spinning of words and half-lies or half-truths.

As we pray for the president today, you know I'm going to continue to pray for the people of Haiti. While my prayers have been specifically with the orphans and the orphanages, I also want to take the time this week to pray for all the soldiers and military teams from around the world who are there to help. Earlier this week I read a news story about how over 50 nations have representatives in Haiti, helping with recovery efforts. As the rescue efforts have turned to recovery in recent days, there is still so, so much to do. The entire city of Port Au Prince will likely have to be rebuilt. I imagine there are people out there speculating as to whether or not that should even be done. But you know what? When people come together- anything can happen. When 50 countries can come together to help one nation in the midst of tragedy, the country can be rebuilt. I have tears in my eyes every time I think of the unity that this tragedy has brought out around the globe. I am praying for supernatural energy for everyone working in Haiti to help. I am praying for peace for all those people who are without homes for a time- and I am praying that the message of unity will continue as the days go by. Haiti is going to need so much more help than just these first few weeks have brought. May the world continue to join together to help the people in Haiti- and may they experience the love of God as they do so.

No comments: