Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,“Write, for these words are true and faithful.” Revelation 21:5

The hard thing about my weekly Warfare Wednesday posts is that I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am meant to continue doing them, yet, it seems that Wednesday is always the day I wake up with fire in my belly, with something on my mind, and I want to share. But this morning... well, this morning, I think I can actually tie the two together.

More than ever, my prayers continue for President Barack Obama. Because you know what? God loves him. Not only does God love President Obama, but I believe God favors him. God placed the desire in his heart to have a heart for his country- to want to serve his country in the capacity of president. And Mr. Obama has listened to the heart that God gave him. Now, we need to pray that the heart of our president will beat in time with the heart of God. That President Obama will hear the will of God and will follow. I believe that it is God's Will that our country not be divided, and that God can use this man, this servant we call president to help heal the division in our country. If only he would listen, and if only the people would pray.

And along those lines, it is a new year, a new day, and Jesus says in Revelation 21 that He is doing a new thing! I believe He IS doing a new thing, right here in my home state of Wisconsin. While I'm praying for leaders this morning, I really want to pray for my state. We have a gubernatorial race this year, and I just pray that it stays away from being ugly. I pray that our state will have peace and that God's man for the job is the man chosen. May we be an example for the rest of the nation, that two parties can come together in peace- and may we be an example that doing God's Will is the best way.

And as we're praying for peace this morning- peace for our nation and peace for our state. I'm also praying for personal peace. May each one of us do something unexpected in the name of peace and love. The end to conflict and division starts at home. All it takes is one set of neighbors to start getting along, and people see that. Our differences in thought or opinion does not need to bring about the hate that is so rampant these days. Instead, we can agree to disagree, and still love each other with the love of God that is present in all of us. The love of God is going to make a difference in the year to come. It is my prayer that everyone can know this love- can see it in action and experience the love that transcends ALL understanding.

No comments: