Friday, January 22, 2010

Of Houses And Underwear

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

I've pretty much bared my heart hear already in recent weeks about trusting God to provide the perfect home at the perfect time. I'm sure I'll be mentioning it again and again, because the more I talk about it, the more faith I think I have for the whole process. The idea of actually packing up and moving is kind of scary to me. And yet, I took another step in the process and e-mailed our landlord this week with a move-out date. I haven't heard back yet, but I am hopeful that our date will be accepted, because we really wanted to pick a date that would be of the best benefit to our landlords- who have really been gracious with us this last year.

Anyway. The provision of the home. One of these day I will be able to log on and share about it, but today, I am still believing for it. I had another faith-building experience this week about it, and I wanted to share it, because it's actually kind of funny and thought would make for a nice light Friday morning funny.

This week I took Zander shopping for new shoes. My boy really needed them apparently, because to my horror, his new shoes that fit nicely ended up being two sizes bigger than the one he'd been wearing. Boys. I swear all he does is grow! Anyway, to go with the shoes, he was going to need new socks, and I really thought more than once about picking up some underwear for him. It just seems like his basic needs are all the sudden too small for him, so it's time to upgrade for him. We looked at the underwear, and I suddenly wasn't sure what size we needed. Since I didn't want to take the time to find out at the store, I told him we would pick some up later on. He was good with that- he was thrilled enough with the new socks and shoes.

But then the most interesting thing happened. Wednesday night at church someone at church came up to us and showed me these packages of little boy underwear that she had picked up. She told me she just couldn't stop thinking about Zander on that particular day, and she saw this underwear for an incredible deal and just had to pick them up for him. She was actually apologetic about it- and almost embarrassed, but wouldn't you know, they were the exact size we needed! The whole time we were talking about this underwear, which I let her know I was so appreciative of, I swear I heard this "dad voice" chuckling in my head. And later on, I just heard God say "See? I'll even provide underwear...trust, have patience, and I'll provide a home."

I just am amazed all the time at the goodness of God. In this instance, I just was floored that God would use this lady to bring such a huge message to me- in the form of some underwear.

And so, as we roll on to the weekend- and I usually take a blogging break for Saturday and Sunday, I just want to remind my blessed readers that God truly does know your every need. And if you will let Him, He wants to meet your needs. This verse today. Just think about the visual here. God is standing behind a door, patiently waiting. And you look at that door, and you know that by knocking on that door, your life could possibly change. Just think about the pure joy that will come from the other side of the door if you will only take up your courage and knock. Love is on the other side of that door. Find that door, give it a knock, and lay your needs before the One who wants meet them all. He so much wants to remove that barrier that stands between you- but YOU need to make the first move before He can open the door.

Be blessed- and have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: