Monday, December 28, 2009

A Week Of Rest

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28



I love this week ahead of me. It is the rare week in the year, where we focus on rest. Oh, I have a house to clean and daily chores to do, but we don't have any obligations, no activities, and nothing planned for the week. It's a week of rest. It's a week where the kids can do as they like, as long as they are considerate of each other, and the whole household gets some down time before the new year rolls in.

The biggest thing this week I think is going to be spending some extra time in my Bible. And talking to God. The year in front of us is going to be full of change, and things are going to get radically different in a very short amount of time, and I want to be prepared for that. We'll have some adjusting to do, and I want to make absolute certain that all those adjustments are things that God wants us to be doing.

And yet, it's also so much more than that. I want to make sure that while we're waiting, while we're resting and waiting on what's next, that we're still praising. That while we're waiting for what God has planned next for us, that we continue to be joyful and full of praise, with every breath that we take. Christmas may be behind us already, but I want to take this overflowing joy with me each and every day. And the love. Oh, the love. I want to make sure, that as much as I am physically possible, that I keep the love of God fresh and present, and that it goes before me as I go. If I had to look back at this last year and pick out one thing that I've learned and will take with me for forever, it is the love of the Father. His love is never-ending and all-encompassing, and so, so precious.

So this morning, I am also praying that you will experience great rest this week. That you will feel refreshed and energized and that you will know the love of God that brings you that much needed rest. I pray that while we are all waiting, that we will continue to praise Him with every move we make, every step we take, and every breath that we make. Because He is so worthy of all our praise. I will praise Him while I wait, and I will thank Him for every moment that He gives me.

No comments: