Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Warfare Wednesday

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

This week as I continue to pray for President Obama, my thought are turning to the world around us. Specifically, this morning I am thinking about Afghanistan. Last night the president addressed the nation and spoke on this very thing. I'm not going to re-hash anything he said, and if you missed the speech, you can watch it online. The thing is, and what is in my heart is that we really need to pray for this campaign. There has been some success in Afghanistan, but the war effort there is going to increase- and praise God for that! I weep for the people of Afghanistan, that life there is so uncertain and full of terror each and every day. I am so thankful that our president has presented a plan to increase our efforts there, because if we don't fight for the freedom of the Afghan people, who will? And the Pakistani people who are living just next door... they are facing the very same and very real threats from the Taliban- who will fight for them?

I am so thankful to live in a free country, and each and every person everywhere deserves the very same thing. A persons a person-no matter where they live, and God loves each and every one. I pray that God will allow freedom to win- that these precious people living in Afghanistan and Pakistan will know freedom- that they will know what it's like to walk down the street to the store, and not fear for their lives each and every time. More than anything, I pray that they would know the love of the Father who loves them so.

No comments: