Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Warfare Wednesday: Praying For The Economy

"There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need." Acts 4:34-35

President Obama has been making a few speeches and a few decisions about the economy this week. We need to continue praying for wisdom for him in this area, because it's a big one. I don't know anyone who isn't at least a little concerned about the impact of our troubled economy. It affects jobs and prices and, well, everything.

As all this talk is going on about improving the economy, I can't help but think about all the people at home, or at work, listening to these speeches, wondering when it's actually going to help them? As they look at their Christmas decorations, and then look at their children, wondering how on earth they are going to be able to tuck a few presents under their tree. I've heard more than once in the last few days how depression is highest this time of year, and while I suppose I can understand it to some extent, I think we just need to step it up and pray that depression off of our country. Sure, it may be sad to think of not being able to give Christmas gifts, but even the fictional bad guy Grinch understood that Christmas is not just about presents.

I guess as I'm praying for the president and his staff this morning, I can't help but pray that people all over our country will experience their own Christmas miracles this year. That somehow in the next few days that something amazing and wonderful would happen that would encourage them, and show them that God loves them- and that love would chase away all manners of depression. Even as far up as the white house. I am sure that President Obama spends many hours not sleeping, tossing and turning, wondering where he is going to find the answers to our nations troubles. I pray protection over him, and I pray that he will turn to God for the answers that only God can give. Love will right this nations wrongs.

No comments: