Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Warfare Wednesday: Christmas Edition

"For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6-7

This morning I want to pray in so many directions. My heart is just being pulled in a few places this morning, so bear with me, as I think they all need to come out this Christmas week.

First, I am continuing to lift the first family in my prayers. I was thinking of them last night and praying that they would have a relaxing and joyful Christmas together. I read that they are going to Hawaii, and I pray that they are totally blessed by the trip- and more importantly by the time together. And I pray more fervently for their protection. I was actually thinking about Michelle Obama, and the first daughters, Malia and Sasha. I was thinking about how every day their husband or father heads off to work and there's a very real chance, every single day, that he could end up in peril at some point during the day. And I just had to pray for peace for the family, because I can't imagine lying in bed at night fearful that my Daddy might not come home from his trip. You know they always have that reminder- as they have their secret service guards with them at all times- those guards are there for a reason. For some reason I was thinking of President Kennedy, and I just spent some time praying that this presidency would not end in the same way. May God protect this family in all areas of their lives.

This morning, I'm also thinking about all the people around the world who celebrate Christmas- and who may very well be doing it alone this year. I pray that they don't feel as if they are alone- or even better, that an invitation to join someone be extended in their direction. Being alone for holidays can feel very lonely indeed. But it doesn't have to. I pray that all those people who are celebrating the birth of Christ alone will feel His presence with them throughout the day. That despite the lack of human companionship, that they will be surrounded by the presence of God and the joy that comes from Christmas. I also am praying for the safety of those who are celebrating Christmas in an area of the world where that may be a danger to them. Let no calamity befall any of God's precious children during this holy holiday. May their celebrations take place, and may they be a witness to those around them who don't know the love of the Father.

I also want to pray for all the soldiers and servicement who are serving abroad, away from their families this Christmas. Also for their families. As they make their brief phone calls or web-cam visits with loved ones, may God make that time especially sweet for them. I so appreciate the military men and women who are sacrificing to keep our freedom intact. May their families have joyful holidays at home, and may God put up a barrier of protection around each and every one of our soldiers serving in a troubled area. No one should get that phone call or doorbell ring for Christmas- may this be an incident-free holiday all over the globe.

And while we're praying for people overseas, I want to also pray for the Missionaries and humanitarian relief workers who are somewhere in the world, trying to bring Christmas to an undeveloped area. I can't help but think of Darfur when I think of Christmas, and I think of all those refugees STILL in need of aid and assistance- and those people who work tirelessly to try and bring that help. May God bless their sacrifice doubly. May God keep the missionaries safe this Christmas season- may they be able to celebrate Christmas with abundance and may they be able to share that love with the people they are trying to reach.

And finally this morning, I am praying for you. Yes, you. I am praying for my blessed visitors who stop by from time to time and read these words that I write. God has blessed me and my family so, so incredibly much this Christmas season. I feel more blessed than I truly thought possible, and I am praying for God to extend those blessings to you, to His precious children. May each and every one of you know fully, the love that He has for you. May your Christmas be wonderful and bright- whether you are with friends, family, or spending the day working, or at home alone. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that as a child of God, that you are never truly alone. God loves you, and I do too.

Be blessed my Heart & Soul readers- you are cherished and precious children of God, and He wants you to know that this Christmas. He sent His beloved son just for you- so that He could spend eternity with you as a companion. You are a companion of God! Enjoy your Christmas, I'll be taking a few days break from blogging, but know that my prayers are ongoing, and His love never ceases.


Oh Holy Night (Full Version) - For more funny movies, click here

No comments: