Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Warfare Wednesday: Wars, and Rumors of Wars

"I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8

And what is God's will today? God's will today is that we pray. That we pray for President Obama and his team of decision makers. God's will is that we pray for our leaders- that they would see God and see how much He loves them and wants the best for the United States of America!

"Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places." Matthew 24:7

Last night I had one of those rare nights where I couldn't fall asleep. I had so much on my mind, and it took a long time to quiet it down. And then when I did quiet my mind, sleep wouldn't come. SO instead of sleeping, or wishing I was sleeping, I took some time to pray. Specifically last night, I felt the need to pray for the country of Honduras.

I know they've been the subject of more than one Warfare Wednesday, but things are still going on there! Their country has literally been on hold now for four months- schools have closed early for the year because there have been so many curfews, and at any time there could be another one. The ex-president and the current president cannot come to an agreement, and the whole country is supposed to be just a few weeks away from a nationwide vote to elect a new president. The whole situation is crazy. Meanwhile, guerrilla troops are gathering on the borders with Nicaragua and El Salvador, and the whole country is on edge.

In the past, I've prayed for this country with a mind to the people of Honduras- for their freedoms and peace, that God would intervene on their behalf. But I think my wording may have been a bit off, because this week, I've been praying that God would intervene on His behalf! I read an article from a few years back about how the children of Honduras are being raised as intercessors- there is a whole assembly of children who pray for their country, and that just struck such a chord with me, and I thought what a better thing to happen than to have their prayers answered! When the children cry out, and God replies in a way that only God can, Honduras can be a light and an example to the world. So I continue to pray for the nation of Honduras, and I ask that God's Will be done- may the Glory of God do something miraculous and awesome to right the wrongs in Honduras!

And while we're praying globally this week, let's also remember to pray for the situation with Iran. The country of Israel seems to be indicating that they are not going to sit idly by while a neighboring country builds their nuclear arms program. They are threatening to send fighter planes to bomb the manufacturing facilities in Iran. We need to pray mightily that President Obama and the military stand behind Israel, that they offer full support and help them in any way they can. With God before them- who can be against them?

No comments: