Thursday, August 06, 2009

Preparation For Eternity

"All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal." Psalm 119:160

I've been talking a lot here the last several months about love. Maybe not so much in the last few weeks, but there have definitely been posts about loving others- whether it's loving the unlovable, or learning to love your neighbor with God's love. It's been something I've been learning and discovering and today, as I read this verse, I was blasted with the reality of all this love.

It's meant for an eternity.

Just look at this Psalm, look at what it says: "ALL your righteous laws are ETERNAL". I'm thinking about this, thinking about the fact that all the righteous laws in God's Word are meant for eternity, and it kind of changes my perspective a little bit. I've often thought that these lessons on love that I've been learning have really just been something to move me forward in my relationship with God. And while it is doing that... that's not the reason for all the love lessons. The reason is to prepare myself for an eternity of loving.

Think about that! This means that as we move on to eternity, as we leave this earth and take our rightful places in heaven, that this love will continue. All this loving that we're doing here on earth is part of the ongoing learning process that will prepare us for our heavenly bodies and our heavenly homes. That's kinda cool!

And so this morning, as I prepare for our most awesome weekend away, I'm going to have Psalm 119:160 in my mind, and I'm going to be dwelling on it for awhile. Maybe a change in perspective will bring about something interesting. As I watch and observe people in the everyday, there are always new ways to show and share God's Love. May God keep my eyes and heart open, and may he totally bless the weekend ahead- not just for me, but for everyone. It's going to be a great one.

I'll be back on Monday- be blessed!

No comments: