Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Warfare Wednesday: I Had A Dream

"I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word." Psalm 138:2

I had a fun dream last night. *smile* I had a dream that a well-known evangelist/revivalist took my hand and told me to hold on. Then he grinned at me and we started soaring and flying, and as as we were flying around in the air like birds we could look down and see how beautiful the earth was. We could see how wondrous the earth was that God created, and we could rejoice in it. And so as I wake up this morning, thinking on Warfare Wednesday, it is with joy and praise to an awesome God that I remember to pray for our President and other leadership.

See, for the past few weeks, it's almost been something I don't want to do. I sit here and I encourage myself and maybe a few others to pray for President Obama and some other pressing matter or two, but does it really make a difference? I'll tell you what, the devil wants me to think that it doesn't make a difference, and since I know that he is a liar and a deceiver, I choose to believe that Warfare Wednesday IS making a difference.

As I pray this week for wisdom and protection for President Obama and his family, I can think about my dream last night and think about this beautiful earth that God has created, and realize that only by praying for our leadership will it stay that way. Only through prayers of protection and peace will this country continue to avoid the ravages of war. Only through prayers for wisdom and knowledge will the next big thing in green living come about. Only through my prayers and my waiting on the Lord, will smart legislature go through to further protect the beautiful country God has given us.

He's given us such a wondrous place! Where else in the world can you stay in your own country and in just a few days you can visit tropics, polar ice, desert, forest, city, country, wetlands, and canyons miles across? And he's filled this beautiful country with beautiful people who are just as diverse as the land is- and you know what? He loves each and every one of them!

Only, God doesn't just love Americans. He loves every single person the whole world over, and doesn't want to see a single one lost to darkness. So as I pray this week for President Obama, I am going to continue to pray diligently for Godly wisdom for him regarding his foreign policies. This week he's been meeting with Russian leaders, and now he will head to Rome to meet with the Pope, followed by a G8 summit on climate change, and then the President will head to Africa. May he see these nations, these people through God's eyes, and may he seek to effect positive change in the nations who need it most.

And this week, I know I talked about it last week, but we really need to continue to pray for the small nation of Honduras. The country is still in a holding pattern, and demonstrations this past weekend led to the first fatality in the whole situation. The US government and the UN is still recognizing the ousted president as the official leader, and the whole situation just still needs to be covered in prayer. The people of Honduras acted in accordance with their Constitution and are being punished the whole world over for acting accordingly. So far the region remains peaceful, but on guard. Let us pray for continued peace, and that democracy and God will win in the end.

No comments: