Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Warfare Wednesday

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:26

Every week, as I sit down to write this Warfare Wednesday post, I click over to the Presidential Prayer Team website, read it through, and think about what to focus praying on each week. Sometimes there's something that will specifically stir me to pray, and sometimes I just pick up a little of this and a little of that, because nothing really jumps out at me. This week, something did jump out at me, although it wasn't any of the specific prayer requests on the website. It actually was this verse above. I thought it was perfect, so this week, that is my prayer. God knows what is going on in the white house. God knows where President Obama needs help today, and God knows exactly what meetings are going to need Godly intervention this week. So I will just pray today. I will pray for Godly wisdom to sweep the white house and attach itself to the problems that need it. I'm going to pray that the hand of God will reach down and put all the pieces into place to show HIS glory!

As I've been lately turning my attention towards the coming school in the fall, I've really been attracted towards tidbits from history, and the more I read about the history of our country, the more it's obvious that our country is currently headed in the wrong direction. Our beautiful nation was founded on Godly principles, and the sheer love of God. It is my prayer each and every day that we will see a return to the same principles on which this country was founded, and not on vague "interpretations" of those principles. Our country needs God, it needs Godly love to spread across the nation. This morning when I woke we found that our neighbor's cars and home had been vandalized. Nothing major, I'm sure it all washed off, but the mere fact that it happened is bothersome. It was not Godly love that smeared tomato soup all over the neighbors cars. May our country turn to God in its time of need. May every man, woman and child turn their gazes to heaven and hear what the Lord is saying to them. He's saying that He loves them, and if they could only hear that, our nation would change for the better.

No comments: