Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Warfare Wednesday: A Nation In Trouble

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you." John 15:7

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one." 2 Thessalonians 3:3

"Our faith teaches that there is no safer reliance than upon the God of our fathers, who has so singularly favored the American people in every national trial, and who will not forsake us so long as we obey His commandments and walk humbly in His footsteps." -President William McKinley

This morning as I read the Presidential Prayer Team website, I just really felt this sense that we really need to pray for this nation as a whole. We really need to pray for the return to God- and the return to the very reliance this nation was founded on. President Obama clearly needs our prayers of protection, and our prayers for Godly wisdom as he just doesn't seem to be facing much good news. Unemployment rates are at their highest in over 25 years, and are expected to reach 10% shortly. At the same time, foreclosure rates are staggering, and those are expected to go up as well. It's such a scary time for Americans, and as Christians, we have a very real responsibility to pray for this country.

As I read all the bad news in the country some days, it could be very easy to fall into despair and just sit back and think that there's nothing I can do about the current economic climate- except that I would be wrong. I can pray. I can pray and intercede for a nation in trouble. I can pray for a country, who was founded on Godly principles, to to return to her Godly ways. I can pray because I have hope and I have faith in a God who hears each and every person who calls His Name.


No comments: