Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gratituesday: Look What God Has Done!

"Shout with joy to God, all the earth!

2 Sing the glory of his name;
make his praise glorious!

3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
So great is your power
that your enemies cringe before you.

4 All the earth bows down to you;
they sing praise to you,
they sing praise to your name."
Selah

5 Come and see what God has done,
how awesome his works in man's behalf!" Psalm 66:1-5

This morning I thought I'd participate in a weekly blog event that is being hosted over at Heavenly Homemakers. I pretty much never do this type of thing with this blog, but this morning, it's just so, so fitting. Gratituesday is a weekly event to remind us to be grateful for the many blessings God has given us. So many times we just take things for granted, and this morning, as I look at all the tasks I have before me, I am just so grateful!

I am grateful for the fact that right now, Zander is at preschool. It's one of his very last days, and I will have three hours to myself to get a whole lot of work done (as soon as I finish up here, of course). In general, he is a very good boy and lets me get my work done while he keeps himself occupied, but boy, I can sure get a lot done in the few hours while he is at preschool.

I am also grateful this morning for the lack of wind. We've had so many windy days as of late, that I just haven't wanted to be outside much. This morning, it's absolutely gorgeous outside! And I have plans to dig in the dirt later this morning if I can keep myself on task.

Mostly though, this morning, I am so grateful for God's beautiful creation. As I've been driving around over the last week, it's just struck me how beautiful it is this time of year. This year especially, all the flowering trees are in full flower, and then some- truly, they are filled with blossoms, so many more than I think I've seen in years past. It's just wonderful to drive around and inhale all the wonderful fragrances that go with the flowers that God has created. I love this time of year because I can be having the worst day ever, and all I have to do is look outside at the beautiful green grass, the dandelions, the flowering bushes, and I just know that God's there.

And as I hear about all the doom and gloom these days in the world, I can't help but look at the abundance of flowers this year and just feel the promises of God seep right in- the promises that he will always provide and take care of us, even in times of trouble and famine. All the earth bows down, and that fills my heart and soul with so much hope and expectation for the days to come, because God knows what my tomorrow is like before it even gets here. God is great and his deeds are awesome, and I love that and am so grateful for that this Tuesday morning.


No comments: