Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Continuing With Warfare Wednesday

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 1 Timothy 2:1-2

I've been asked more than once over the last few months why it is I decided to do Warfare Wednesday, and why I continue it. I also am asked, not that it's anyone's business really, but I'm asked if I voted for President Obama. The short answer is that no I didn't. But the long answer is that while I voted, and many, many times leading up to the vote, I prayed a lot for God's Will to be done. I spent a lot of time praying that righteousness would prevail, and that no matter the outcome, that God would have an affect on the new President's administration. The person I voted for obviously didn't win the race, but that doesn't make President Obama any less my president. He is the Commander-In-Chief, and I have to believe that God's Will will prevail. The Bible tells us right here in 1 Timothy that we should be praying for our leadership- that through prayer, our lives will continue to be peaceful and Godly. So I continue to pray. And I continue to post Warfare Wednesday. Even if this is only a reminder for myself to pray for President Obama, it's worth it to post it every week, because it does remind me to pray. And I can assure everyone that the devil would certainly love for me to give up Warfare Wednesday and cease my praying, which tells me that my prayers ARE effective.

So this week, we're going to continue praying for President Obama. Specifically, today and tomorrow he is meeting with leaders from Pakistan and Afghanistan. Together they will try to come up with plans for doing away with Al Qaeda and the Taliban. These are going to be some tough meetings, and we need to pray that God's Wisdom will prevail and that these leaders will seek God's Direction carefully in their talks. That is such a troubled area of the globe, I pray that God's peace and grace will fill the regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan, that revival will catch and sweep across the region like wildfire.

I am thankful this week that we live in a nation where we can still pray. Tomorrow is the National Day of Prayer, and people all over the country will be organizing and praying together for God's Touch upon our nation. May God touch each and every person who participates in this important day.

And finally, this week let's pray for Godly Wisdom for President Obama as he begins the process of finding his first Supreme Court Justice. Last week, Justice David Souter announced his retirement, and given the history of Supreme Court Justice decisions, they usually are pretty rocky. May President Obama seek God's Will when choosing a Justice, and may the process not bring division to an already divisive nation. Now more than ever we need unity and togetherness in this country.

For more prayer needs across the nation, be sure to check out the Presidential Prayer Team's website.

No comments: