Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lifting Each Other Up

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galations 6:9-10

I'm going to do something today that I very, very seldom do here at Heart & Soul. I'm going to send you someplace else in a minute, because yesterday I was so very blessed by another woman's blog post. It just served as a wonderful reminder to me as I have been thinking a lot about my goings-on here in my little world of blogs.

When I first started this blog in particular, it was strictly a way to be accountable. I was really not doing well at all in any kind of time in God's Word, so I thought that blogging a devotional every day would keep me going. It's worked beautifully, and now I'm at a stage where I don't need to blog to stay in God's Word, instead, I blog about some of the things I see in God's Word. As I read through the Great Book cover to cover, there is always something that leaps off the pages and into my heart, and I think about how wonderful that word is, and that I must share it with anyone who will listen.

Sometimes though, I think I come across as angry, or forceful, or condescending, and that is never, ever my intent. A long time ago I worried about who would read this blog and would be careful of what I said. *Smile* Thankfully, I have broken free of that bondage, and my fingers have been loosed upon the keyboard to share what the Spirit places in my heart for the day. But maybe, every once in a while, I get a bee in my bonnet. And in those moments, the words that flow onto the screen don't come from the heart of love that they should. Instead, they come from the part of me that is still in this world and thinks that I know better than someone else. I apologize to my readers for that, because it should always be love that drives this blog, the words that you read on my screen. God loves you, and every day He wants you to know that, but some days, maybe that doesn't come through when I get in "a mood."

So all that being said, I want to send you to my dear friend Rina's blog, Into Still Waters. Rina is an incredible woman with a heart for God and her family, and I have had a wonderful time getting to know more through our blogs. I promise that if you spend any time reading through her posts and archives, you will come away incredibly blessed. Rina posted yesterday about blogging the truth, and blogging for the right reasons, not the wrong ones. It really made me stop and think, and I think you'll enjoy what she has to say as well.

5 comments:

Rina said...

I'm really touched by what you've said about me here. Thank you. I have so many things I've been wanting to tell you, but I just haven't been able to sit down recently and write them all out. I'm sorry I've been missing Warfare Wednesday, too, btw. It's really hard for me to post on Wednesdays because it's the first day my husband is home and I try not to spend too much time on the computer. But I am still following along and can't wait to email you some of the things I've been wanting to share with you. Thank you again for your kind words.

Erika W. said...

Rina, you're such a treasure! Please don't feel like you're letting anyone down by not participating in something... I think it's WONDERFUL that you set aside your computer time to spend it with your hubby and family. I admire so much where you place your priorities. You've been such an inspiration, just the other day I was debating taking a lazy day, and I started just that, and then I was thinking about whether I should spend time on the computer and I caught myself, and scolded myself, because "what would Rina do?" Lol. My lazy, slothful day disappeared and I ended up getting a lot done. Thank you for you friendship, and may God continue the great works he's been doing in you.

Rina said...

Oh my, is that convicting! You said that you asked yourself "what would Rina do," and I must confess that although I do try to prioritize, I fail much more often than not. The truth is that Rina would have probably taken the day off and gotten on the computer! It's something God is working with me on... and I'm getting off the computer RIGHT NOW. Thank you for the conviction. :)

Erika W. said...

LOL! Well, we can keep each other accountable then. I love the computer and spending productive time, but it's also such a time-sucker! Just a few clicks, and just like that, half the day is gone. I hate that, and do it way too often. I'm afraid that when the teachers at school ask Abigail what her Mommy does, her reply is "sits at the computer."

Rina said...

LOL that is so funny! I think my children might say something similar, if they were asked.