Friday, March 20, 2009

Giving It All I've Got



Here's another Fun Song Friday. Although I didn't intend to just post a song on Friday, here it is. It's taken a whole week to not have something else jump out to be posted.

"I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart." Jeremiah 24:7

Well, I just had about four paragraphs written here about how I had a stare-down with a pair of pants. And I just deleted it because it was a lot of trivial details to get to one main point. And that point is that over the last few months, how I've been feeling has been an awful lot like today's song. Some of the things that God has been working with me on has felt a lot like chaos, but then at the same time, it does feel like peace. I feel almost as if I've been crashing through walls, as all the walls I've built up over the many, many years of life have fallen, one at a time. One in particular, regarding the pants, was pride. I was very prideful (didn't know I was prideful) about looking nice when at church- especially on the worship team. But the day I put on a pair of jeans (grudgingly, mind you) to wear to church I had the biggest breakthrough yet. God doesn't care what I wear to church, the people around me don't care what I wear to church, but my pride told me I needed to look nice. I can worship in a nice dress or in a pair of jeans, and what is on the outside is not what matters, what matters is on the inside.

What matters is that I worship God with all my heart. It matters that I love God with everything I've got. And sometimes, in the process walls have to come crashing down so that God can get through. It's those moments that feel chaotic, but they're so worth it in the end, because what comes after the crash is intense peace and joy. When we ask for more, He gives us more, it's just that sometime we need to make more room for God, and something else needs to go.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erika, I was recently awarded the Sisterhood Award and I am supposed to pass the award on to others, so I chose to pass it along to you. If you are interested in receiving it and passing it along you can pick it up here:
http://intostillwaters.com/2009/03/22/sunday-linkage-sisterhood-award/

Erika W. said...

Wow Rina, that's so thoughtful! I'll have to think on that, because like you, I know I've seen it on quite a few blogs I read. I don't know that I know ten people to hand it out to!