Friday, March 13, 2009

Fun Tunes Friday

Since I'm still not feeling the best, I thought I'd kick off something that I've been meaning to do. Lately, there's a lot of music out there that has been speaking to me. In fact, just today, there were about four songs in the row on the radio that I thought would make a great discussion for the blog. And since I recently discovered how to put a Youtube video on my blog... well, here is the first one: "Closer" by Jars of Clay



In particular, the part of the chorus where he is singing "I don't understand why we can't get close enough" really is where my heart seems to be these days. I can't seem to get enough, and it's really a strange place to be in, because it wasn't that long ago where I had the idea that Sunday morning church, once a week was plenty. Now I'm wishing we had church services more often if you can believe it! Our conference weekends are the absolute best because we get three or four days in a row of church and spending time in His Presence. I absolutely love the fact that we have a church service on Wednesday, it really chases away those mid-week blahs, and I feel so recharged after our Wednesday service. I do feel like I can't get close enough, and I guess that's not a terrible place to be in.

No comments: