Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16

It's Thanksgiving morning, and I could go on and on about all the wonderful things that I am thankful for. I could, but I won't today. Because this morning I am particularly thankful for our new church family. And that would be because my children love it so much. I can tell that something is working right when Monday morning Zander comes up to me and says "I wish today was Wednesday." I was puzzled about that, and when I asked what he meant by that, he said it was because we get to go to church on Wednesday. So much for me being worried that going to church a second time during the week was going to wreak havoc on the kids lives. They are asking to go to church... that is incredible.

When we left our previous church, one of my biggest concerns was with Zander. He had found some older friends at church that he looked up to, and I was disappointed that we would be taking him away from those relationships. It has been completely delightful to watch Zander develop relationships with the people at our church now. He has befriended grown men and women who have a heart for God- he has a whole group of people who are going to encourage him to be a young man for Jesus. And that is amazing- completely amazing. It's fantastic to walk into church and watch Abigail and Zander interact with people. During the times they've been in worship, I've watched the sheer joy on Abigail's face as she danced with the other kids, and it sure makes me thrilled for my children. Our number one goal in finding a church was to find one the kids would be happy at, and they're beyond happy. When we say it's time to go to church they get excited and get ready as quickly as they can- and they don't seem to mind the drive in the least either.

So today I am thankful for our church family that loves my family so much. And it is my prayer this morning that each and every one of them has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: