Wednesday, October 15, 2008

There Is No Other

"How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears." 2 Samuel 7:22

This is exactly what I woke up singing this morning. :-) "There is No One Like You" from David Crowder Band was in my head when that alarm went off. Well, that and "I can't believe that's the alarm already." But really, I woke up wondering what God is going to have in store for today. It's actually a bit of anticipation on my part. Tonight is the first night of a several day conference that we'll be attending, and I'm kind of surprised to find myself looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has to say to us this weekend, and I'm anxious to get in that frame of mind to be open and accepting. It's going to be a fantastic time.

Because there is no one like God. We have no idea how his mind works or what he has in store for us each and every day.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:9

We can never know what God is going to do next, but we do know that it will be something exciting, and this is new for me, to be excited about something as basic as going to church. I mean, I've always enjoyed going to church for the most part, but to actually be excited about it and looking forward to it is new and different. It's a good thing.

"Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near. " Isaiah 55:6

God is always near, but sometimes it seems like he is nearer than others. I am praying for revelation this weekend. Andy and I have so many different ideas of what we'd like to be doing, but we really don't know specifically why God has placed us in the church he did. One of the things we said we were expecting was that when we found the church God had for us, it would be immediately obvious what we were to be doing. Except that we've found the church to belong to, but it's not immediately obvious what we are to be doing. The things we can do are already being done for the most part, and I can't imagine that we were called to this church just so that I can play a little percussion from time to time. So what does God want from us? Do I really want to ask and know the answer? I am open and receptive, and I expect that we will find the answers we are looking for this weekend.

And whatever else God decides to throw in the mix will be interesting and exciting as well. For there is no one like Our God, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for us.

No comments: