Monday, July 21, 2008

Plain And Simple

"I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws." Psalm 119:30

I love David's simplicity sometimes. I just love how he states the obvious and the facts. It doesn't get much plainer or more basic than this. There are two ways that we can choose with life. We can take the path of the enemy- the path that appears easy, usually fun, but is actually the way of death. Or we can choose God's Way- the way of truth. It may not always be easy down this path, but we know that when we encounter an unexpected turn or an obstacle in the road, that we have a Great God to help us through. David states it plain and simply and I certainly couldn't agree more. Because the destination at the end of this way- the way of truth is priceless and worth every ounce of hardship along the way.

In addition to choosing this path, we also see that "I have set my heart on your laws". It's those laws that keep us on the path we have chosen. And when your heart is set on them- when you have made the choice to keep God's commands, and you hold them dear to your heart, they don't leave you. They serve as your compass, to help keep you on the path you have chosen. When temptation tries to stir you and distract you, God's Laws, placed deep within your heart will let you know when the enemy is stirring. God's Word in your heart will keep you from straying and will help you remain steadfast in your journey to the end.

"I have chosen the way of truth; I have my heart set on your laws."

I think that's an excellent motto to live by.

No comments: