Friday, June 13, 2008

Sometimes There Will Be Tears

"Return and say to Hezekiah the leader of My people, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, " I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD." 2 Kings 20:5

"Yet have regard to the prayer of Your servant and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to listen to the cry and to the prayer which Your servant prays before You" 2 Chronicles 6:19

"Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry;Do not be silent at my tears;For I am a stranger with You,A sojourner like all my fathers." Psalm 39:12

I guess I don't really have much to say this morning. It's kind of one of those reflective mornings. I was reading yesterday about the tornado that went through that boy scout camp, and silly me, tears just came to my eyes as I read about those poor boys being tossed around like toothpicks. My heart just broke for them- and then to hear about them rallying to save each other's lives... I just felt like I couldn't pray enough for everyone affected by that disaster.

Then this morning on one of the bulletin boards I spend time at, one of the regular posters posted about a very difficult time they're having health-wise, and it just broke my heart again. Immediately I said a few prayers for that person, and I have no doubt that she'll be on my mind for much of the day today.

And all over the Midwest, people are being forced from their homes due to flooding, and even though I know that our home and our belongings are "just stuff" there is a sense of...violation...of having to flee one's safe-house, the home where they live. I pray for all those people, that they may get to return home soon, and that the blessings of God may fall on them thousand-fold. That all their belongings will be restored to them, and that they may know the comfort that only Jesus can bring to them.

Sometimes, we just need to pray.

No comments: