Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Best Week Ever

"Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ? Who is like you— majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?" Exodus 15:11

"When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it." John 11:4

Really. God has blessed me with having a wonderful week. I'll tell you, normally when Andy is out of town working, life is boring and dull. Not this time. I've been busy and getting so much done, and I just feel like my heart is ready to burst at all times.

A normal day for me is slow and sometimes boring. I wake and get Abigail ready for school, and then Zander and I spend the morning putzing about, maybe doing dishes or laundry, I spend time blogging and cruising sites on the internet. I always think about getting things done, but most often I just never get to them. Zander and I spend a lot of time together, but when we're not playing together, I feel like I should get something accomplished, and I end up sitting down to just check e-mail or something. An hour later, the time-sucker as accomplished its mission, and I'm off to play again with Zander. Abigail comes home from school, and Zander transfers to her, and I often spend that time cleaning up the kitchen or putting away laundry before making dinner. And then once the kids are in bed for the night, I sit and veg. Sometimes I read, but most often, I plop in front of the TV and catch up on my favorite dramas and reality TV.

But I didn't do that this week. Not once did I turn on the television. The kids watched a few things this week, but I didn't turn on the TV even a single time to watch something for me. Instead, I made the choice this week to get closer to God. I would kiss my kids goodnight, and then spend the next several hours praising Jesus. And what a week it has been. I would spend my days dashing from activity to activity, getting odd jobs accomplished that have been begging my attention for weeks. I spent plenty of time with Zander during the day, and then with both kids in the late afternoon. Where I normally run out of energy and start chugging coffee throughout the day, I felt energized and full of life, and as the days progressed, I found myself beginning to look eagerly towards that time with God. He's addicting!

So what inspired me to spend the week with God? I was told that a revival has broken out, and I wanted to be a part of it. 30 days ago, a church in Florida started a 5-day crusade, and it hasn't stopped since. They've moved from a 700 seat church to an auditorium, and last night, they were praising God in a stadium! People are being healed of terminal diseases, they are walking after being paralyzed, and it is truly amazing. And I am so in awe that I can experience this from my living room. Through the miracle of technology, this revival is being carried throughout the world. Over 200 countries are receiving the broadcasts- what a way to share the love of God!!!

So I'm walking on air this week. God is doing a great work in me, and I welcome it completely. If you are reading this, and you are interested in checking it out, you can too! The evening service is from 6:00pm to 10:00pm Central Time, but at this website you can click on the little video icons and watch the footage from the days gone past. It is amazing, and it is only a matter of time before it's sweeping through every part of the country and world- don't miss it! Let it catch you, and I promise it will be worthwhile.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/great-florida-healing-revival


"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

No comments: