Saturday, April 19, 2008

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I don't have much to say about this verse today, really. It just made me smile. Particularly the sentence that says "In this world you will have trouble". Notice the word "will" trouble will come in many guises and many forms. Sometimes the trouble is minimal, sometimes its big trouble. But it will be there. Thankfully, this verse gives us a way out of trouble too! It gives us peace and courage to make it beyond the trouble, because Jesus has overcome the world and is the way out. There is nothing that we cannot do because Jesus has cleared the way for us.

Jesus himself tells us to "take heart" which is a wonderful thing to think on. Right now, I'm not in a moment of trouble, but I can see it. I can see being in a tight spot and hearing Jesus' words to me to "take heart", I can sense the immediate peace to follow as I take those words to heart.

How wonderful that Jesus came first. How wonderful that we live in a time where he has already taken care of us. Before we were even thought of, he took the necessary steps to ensure our lives are eternal with Him. I thank Him for his sacrifice, and thank him for the comfort in times of trouble, both in the past, and in the trouble to come.

No comments: