Friday, April 18, 2008

No Strings Attached

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10

When I read today's verse-of-the-day, my heart literally lept with joy this morning. It's just so simple! Everlasting life and an eternity in heaven is literally a breath away, with no other strings attached to it. This verse says that you need to confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and then you need to believe that he died and rose again, and then you will be saved. That's it. There's no contract to sign, no deeds to be photocopied and triplicated, and nothing more that you need to do. No money needs to be paid to any organization, and no good deeds or works need to be done to ensure your entrance to heaven. The fact is, that Jesus paid the only price for us over 2,000 years ago, and all we need to do is recognize that.

If you haven't done that, if you haven't thanked God for sending His Son to die for us, perhaps today is a good day to do so. It only takes a few seconds, and it will literally change your life.

"Dear God, thank you for sending your son Jesus to die for my sins. I am sorry for the sins that I have done in the past, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe that you sent Jesus Christ to take those sins away from me, and I pray that you take my heart and fill it with joy. I want to live for You Lord, from this day forward. Thank you for loving me."

No comments: