Monday, March 24, 2008

It Is A Gift!

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

This morning, as I slowly return to somewhat of a normal routine, I thought this verse seemed completely appropriate. I read this and I thought to myself, "it is a gift, isn't it?" Life in itself is a gift, eternal life, well, that's something truly special. I'll tell you, this whole last week I spent a lot of time with God. There was little else I could do, as I would curl up into a ball and close my eyes for hours at a time, and God and I would have a little chat. I really felt awful, and it really bothered me that I was completely missing Easter week. All the plans for fun and celebration was just gone, and nothing I could do about it. But then I was gently reminded that the purpose of Easter, and the week leading up to it is not about putting up decorations and cooking treats and buying Easter gifts. So while I certainly didn't enjoy being ill for an entire week, it did make me more reflective. I was able to really think on Easter and what it means to me.

Plain and simple, it is a gift. Jesus died for us, and then rose again so that we might live forever in heaven with him. What an amazing gift-an amazing love that was shared with us. And it's a gift without strings. There aren't requirements that I must fulfill in order to receive this gift, all I need to do is accept it.

Thank you Lord for this amazing gift, and thank you so much for my returning strength, I pray that you will continue with the healing work you are doing in our home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Died that we might NOT (paid our price) and lives that we might live! How awesome. Sometimes our weakness (illness) becomes a blessing doesn't it.