Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Back On Track

"As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him." 2 Samuel 22:31

I've been off for a few weeks here. I've just been finding it hard to get myself motivated in the morning. And then I'll read something in the Bible- anything, and while I'm reading it, I'm not really reading it and processing it. Then it comes time to sit down and blog the Bible and not much wants to come out. I've got to get myself re-focused I guess, because I've thought more than once about just not blogging anymore. And since I KNOW this is how I keep myself reading the Bible every day, I also know that this idea to stop blogging is not from God.

So I am going to persevere. As tempting as the idea is to me right now to just put up a little short post about taking some time off, I'm not going to do it. Instead, I'm picking up one of my Study Bibles and doing a study every day. Today's little nugget of study is a perfect suggestion for helping get back on track. It mentions that every household has a "busy center". A spot in the house where everyone walks past or drops off stuff. It's in that spot that you should have some Bible verses. If it's a table or desk you could actually have a Bible open with a passage marked for quick reading. In our case, the fridge is a busy center. So I think I'm going to start taking individual verses and writing them out and putting on the fridge for everyone to see and read. Only by allowing the Bible into our homes and lives do we really allow it to influence our lives.

May God keep me strong and keep the enemy away, because he's certainly been knocking lately. Thank God for His Word to turn to to keep me motivated.

No comments: