Friday, February 15, 2008

He Has Shown His Goodness

"Good and upright is the LORD;
therefore he instructs sinners in his ways." Psalm 25:8

"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." Genesis 3:5

Sometimes it can really seem like God isn't answering our prayers. We can pray and pray about something, and feel confident that God will answer, but then time goes by. We begin to doubt that those prayers will be answered. Or we keep one eye on the calendar and pray for something before a certain date, and then when it doesn't happen when we think it should happen, we become discouraged. As Eve was tempted above by the devil to doubt God, so too can we feel tempted to doubt.

The reminder, which sometimes I need to turn to daily, is in the Bible. There is no doubting God's love for us. He has already shown His goodness and Mercy to us by sending His son to die for us. For me. What I can see and feel in front of me is not the way to measure God's goodness and provision. That's why I turn to my Bible. As each day passes, I learn more and more about God's goodness and mercy, and it gives me hope. And it helps me to place my trust in Him daily. And after a while we gain the confidence to trust in His goodness wholly.

All we need to do is look at the ultimate sacrifice made for us. Jesus gave up His life willingly for you and me. How can we even let doubt creep into our trust in God. He will answer our prayers in His time. And in the meantime, we can revel in the glory to come.

No comments: