Monday, January 14, 2008

So How Are YOU Today?

Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him.

2 Praise the LORD with the harp;
make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.

3 Sing to him a new song;
play skillfully, and shout for joy.

4 For the word of the LORD is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.

5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of his unfailing love.

6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made,
their starry host by the breath of his mouth.

7 He gathers the waters of the sea into jars ;
he puts the deep into storehouses.

8 Let all the earth fear the LORD;
let all the people of the world revere him.

9 For he spoke, and it came to be;
he commanded, and it stood firm.

What do we do when we greet someone? As you're out walking and someone walks past, what do you say to them? Sometimes hello or hi? Or maybe every once in a while you venture out and ask "how are you." Do you stick around for an answer? Do you care about the answer? I've been thinking about this a lot lately. When people ask me how I'm doing, I think my standard answers are simply "fine" or "good". Yet... as a Christian, one who is blessed over and over by God, shouldn't my answer be more than a simple good? Even when I'm having a bad day, I'm always better than good, because I have a Great God and He is always there for me.

I could be having the worst day ever, and when someone asks me how I'm doing, I should be able to hold my head up and say that I am having a wonderful day because My Savior paid a price for me, and I get to live every day for God. Every day should be a wonderful day.

This past Saturday we took the time to watch the movie Facing The Giants again. It really is an excellent movie to watch. Every time we do, I get so encouraged by seeing the examples of God's Love, and God's Power played out on the big screen. And every time we watch it, I get something new out of it that just gives me a charge for a few days. This time, I was thinking about how the football team made the decision to praise God when they won, and to praise God when they lost. It occurred to me, that if our purpose, our number one goal in life is to bring glory to God, then every day should be a fantastic day. Because if we have a great day, we thank God and we praise him for it. And if we have an awful day, we thank God and we praise him for it. Either way, He wins, and ultimately, that's what it's all about.

So today before I've even really gotten going for the day, I know it's going to be a great day, because "Jesus loves me, this I know". And with that before me, I know it's going to be a wonderful day.

No comments: