Thursday, December 13, 2007

It Never Rains, But It Pours

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:11,12

I am literally at a loss for words this morning. I have been, pretty much since Abigail came home from school yesterday. It was at that time that I found a bag full of Christmas presents on my front porch. I just haven't been able to stop smiling since. I'm just amazed at the thoughtfulness of the people around us. This is the second time this week that we have been blessed by an anonymous person. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that these are gifts from God. God has placed us on other people's hearts, and I just don't know what to say to that! It is so amazing to see God's Love in action.

The verse above pretty much explains the point I've come to in the last week. I'd decided to be content with what we have and with our situation, but God had other plans. Part of me wishes, though, that I knew who was responsible for the blessings we've been finding, so that I could thank them personally. But I also understand the wish for anonymity, as I've been on that end myself. So it will just have to do that I thank God for all he has given us. Both what he has given us outright, and what he has given us through the loving hands of other people.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want." Psalm 23:1

No comments: