Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More Thanks Today- and a break ahead!

" Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
Sing praises on the harp to our God" Psalm 147:7

It may be cliche to continue to post verses about being thankful this time of year, but I really can't help it. I love Thanksgiving. Aside from being a great food holiday, it's also wonderful to focus on being thankful for what we have. And I am so thankful! The last few days I've been very busy cleaning our home and getting it ready for company, and while I can't say I am particularly enjoying the cleaning process, I realize that I really am thankful for our home. I am so thankful that it's big enough that family can come visit us and spend time with us. Yet I'm also thankful that it's small enough that I can get it clean by myself if needs be. I love the way each room looks when it's been scrubbed, and everything is in it's place. How could I not? God has blessed us with such a wonderful home.

And sometimes I get wistful and wish we had a bigger place, someplace where I could put more color on the walls, but then I take a look around and remember to be thankful for what we do have and I find that I am completely content. We could live in this home for the next 10 years and I would be content. The carpet would have to be removed, but I would be content. :-) And I am thankful for that feeling. It wasn't that long ago that I felt we needed more, that we had to keep up with the Jones's and keep moving up in the world. But the truth is that we don't. God has blessed us so much with this feeling of contentment, of being happy with what we do have,that we no longer lament the things that we don't' have. And that is reason enough to be filled with Thanksgiving.

So with that, I will leave today. With a song in my heart, and hopefully a bit of encouragement for you that it is possible to be content with what you have, and the thankfulness will come naturally. I will also be taking a few days break here I think. We have house guests staying with us this week, and while I'd like to say that I will still keep up with my posting while they are here, I don't actually know if I will. I don't want to be rude and sit at the computer typing away. So if I get a chance, I will post over the next few days. If not, I will be back either late Saturday, or Monday morning. Either way though, I pray that you have a blessed Thanksgiving, and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers over the next few days. Thank you for hanging out with me here. It means so much to me, and I am so thankful that God has led you here to hear my story day in and day out. I am truly blessed to have you in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: