Thursday, October 18, 2007

When Trouble Comes

Those days when life gets crazy, I am oh so thankful that I have somewhere to turn. I have become so reliant on my morning study time, it's amazing to me that just one year ago I didn't have it. It such a spirit lifter to begin my morning reading God's Word and seeing what God has to say to me each morning, and also, to see what he wants me to share here. It is from God that I find daily words of encouragement.

" It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

It is also from God's Word that I find sustenance, the energy to face another battle, and the strength to make it to the end of another day. For it is not just the food I put in my mouth that gives me energy. My day does not begin properly until I've spent some time with Him. He gives me the jump start I need to spend my time wisely.

"So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD." Deuteronomy 8:3

I've been talking a lot lately about about having faith and hope and patience, and I could have none of that if it weren't for turning to the Bible daily for the words of encouragement.

"For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope." Romans 15:4

For He is always there, always there to turn to in times of trouble, and in times of great joy as well. I love beginning my days in The Word, because I know that what I read will help me get through another day, and that I am prepared, should a challenge face me at some point. And I have great hope that they day will come soon where I need not wait for Him any longer, that all our troubles will be but a distant memory, and we can devote our every waking second to doing what he asks of us. For it is coming.

" Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

No comments: