Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Verses of Encouragement Today

Today I thought I'd simply share a bunch of verses that are an encouragement to me from time to time. Verses that help me to keep my faith in times of distress- verses that I can turn to for a smile when it's the last thing I really want to do.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

"We live by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58

Today in particular I am moved by nothing is impossible with God. Nothing. He can take our dreams and turn them into a reality with a blink of an eye. And he can take our reality and make it way more than we could have ever dreamed.

And then there's the last verse, always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord. I will be the first to admit that there are plenty of times where I'm cleaning at church that I don't want to be cleaning at church. Often I may have something to do afterwards, or I'm just out of sorts that week. I guess this verse is a shame on me. A reminder that each week as I clean, I am cleaning God's House, and every week I should attack my cleaning with love. Some weeks I forget that love- and to be honest, those are the weeks that seem to take the longest. I have the most to do on those weeks, or something is especially daunting. Yet the weeks that I go in with a great attitude and a heart full of the right stuff, my work goes quickly and I feel great about my work. I am grateful for this reminder today. I pray that this verse will simply plant itself in my heart and make every week a joy for me.

No comments: