Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Stern Reminder

"It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him." Deuteronomy 13:4

This verse just struck me today. It is a reminder as to who we should be following. We don't follow other men, we don't follow our church or our church leaders, we follow God. It is Our Lord's directions we should follow and obey, and his guidance that we seek. When we do an act of service to a fellow human being, it is not that person we are serving, but Our God in Heaven. This can be an excellent reminder in times of distress, or moments where you are unsure of your purpose. We can look to men to help guide us in the right direction, but ultimately, that direction comes from one place- One God.

And as a follow up to yesterday's post about finding something I can do to serve, I had a very vibrant dream last night with a suggestion for me. It may have been just that- a dream, but it did give me an idea of something that I can learn to do and do it for others. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

No comments: