Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Little Late Today...

But better than never- right?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

This verse could not have been better for me to read today. I've really been concerned as of late about, well, everything and where things are headed. Especially with Andy's job. He's put out resume after resume, and the only call he's gotten has been to go mix glue for $12 an hour. Not exactly the job he's looking for. He has maybe 2 or 3 weeks of work left, and that's it so far. It is so hard for me to trust that God has a plan and that it will be revealed in due time. It's equally hard to look at the completely empty checkbook and look at the calendar and not be discouraged. I've already caught myself being wistful about the holidays coming up. I know that gifts aren't the reason for the season, but I love gift-giving. I love giving my children what they want and I love giving to others as well.

But then there's this verse! It's a reality check for me, and the timing just couldn't have been better. Just now I was washing the dishes, (where I spend a fair amount of time praying) and thinking about how things just aren't looking good. And where one of my thought is that maybe we are destined to struggle a bit before the good stuff comes, but then this verse says right there in black and white that has plans to prosper us and not harm us. Yes!! I have no need to worry or stress. It will happen and it will come in his timing. He also has plans for us to give us hope and a future!! What a fantastic encouragement for me today. I'm clinging to that hope and anxiously awaiting the future.

As hard as it is, it is God's timing that I am completely relying on. The future could have gotten here yesterday as far as I'm concerned, but I know that He placed this verse in front of me just now to ease my concern and my fears. Thank you Lord for being so generous and for the hope you give me.

No comments: