Friday, October 26, 2007

An Early Thanksgiving!

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe," Hebrews 12:28

"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.

2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.

3 When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.

4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD,
when they hear the words of your mouth.

5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD,
for the glory of the LORD is great.

6 Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly,
but the proud he knows from afar.

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,
with your right hand you save me.

8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138

I don't think I need to expand too much today. :-) Anyone who's been reading this, or even knows us, knows the thankfulness we have in our hearts this morning. Andy got a new job. :-) A job which is consistent, year round, and will take him wherever he wants to go. We are just completely amazed this morning at God's provision. We've gotten so used to cyclical jobs where there is always down time and lean time...and there won't be that anymore! What a blessing! And what a great God to provide this job at the exact time we need it. We knew he would, but it's truly amazing to see His Work in action. Just amazing.

I'm looking forward to my husband enjoying his work, and being able to advance if he wants. And I'm looking forward to him not having to worry about where the next paycheck will be coming from, because it will be there. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks as he adjusts to the new job, and we all adjust to a smaller pay for a while. We can do it, God's prepared us for it. And most of all, I'm looking forward to seeing what God has planned for Andy at this new company, because I know there's something very cool ahead for him.

So woo-hoo! Thanks God!

No comments: