Thursday, October 11, 2007

Confidence In God

You know how sometimes when you mess up you just feel awful and that you've failed? It can be really discouraging to mis-step and be off track. Sometimes I can be faced with a decision, do I continue on the destructive path or do I suck it up, ask for forgiveness and try again. The great, great thing about our God is that no matter how many times we stray off the path, we can always get back on again. Always. And that brings me to the title of today's post- Confidence In God. I have complete confidence that no matter how many times I screw up, and now matter how badly, he will always welcome me back with open arms and comfort.

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

"In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.

2 Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me.

3 Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.

4 Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked,
from the grasp of evil and cruel men.

5 For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD,
my confidence since my youth." Psalm 71:1-5

"It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man." Psalm 118:8

"The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:7-8

"Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

A
nd if you're reading this today, please say a little prayer for Zander this morning. He woke up with a cough that is very like a croup cough. Thank goodness it didn't strike in the middle of the night,but that cough scares him. I would also like it to go away because I have a new niece or nephew to meet any day now, and if baby comes while Zander is croupy, I don't get to meet them. :-(

No comments: