Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Is it Really August?

"You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word." Psalm 119:114

I saw this verse this morning on Verse of the Day and it truly warmed my heart. I have decided to pause in my Genesis going-through. While I enjoy going methodically through a book of the Bible for my own personal study, it's another thing to blog about it. It's kind of boring, actually, and that's not what I'm looking to do here. I want my reflections here to have personal bits to them, so that I can look back and see where I've been. It's hard to inflect something personal into everything. So I'm not sure what the next step is. I'll just continue to take this blog one day at a time and see where it leads me.

That being said, I want to reflect a little further on Lot's wife. As they were leaving the city to be destroyed, she looked back, and turned into a pillar of salt. We could very easily discuss the chemistry lessons there and the mere weirdness that she turned into salt, but I think about the part where she simply looked back. How often do we do that? Do we look at yesterday and wish we'd done something different. Or do we think about decisions we've made in the past and wish we'd made different ones? Or are we like Lot's wife, who looked back, regretting leaving the past? I certainly don't regret leaving the past behind me, I don't regret any decisions I've made in the past, because I think they've shaped the person I am today. I may look back at a moment with fondness, but I certainly don't want any do-overs.

Today's verse give me encouragement to continue forging ahead. God is my shield. With him before me, I can accomplish anything. With him before us, Andy and I can accomplish anything together. Our hope is completely in his word right now as the winds of change very well may be upon us. We have been mentally preparing ourselves, and it looks like the time has arrived where he will be seeking out a new place of employment. We have His assurances from His Word that He will continue to provide for us, and that even at this moment, the perfect job is being prepared for my husband. I think we're both actually a little anxious to find out where this is going. And logically, I would certainly feel better if I had a clue what was going to happen or where he was going to end up. But this is a moment of faith for us. A leap of faith that God has told us that it is time for something new. I pray that he will continue to be our shield, and will lead us in the right direction.

No comments: