Thursday, May 17, 2007

Calmness

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!" Romans 11:33

After yesterday's revelations to myself, I'm having a difficult time figuring out what to post this morning. I'm still in a state of "woo-hoo" after allowing God to have at it. So I liked today's verse of the day. I'm still involved in a conversation with a few people about proving God, and it's really gone very interestingly. I can't say any changes have been made to people's lives, but I will say that seeds have definitely been planted. Many of them, in fact. Part of the difficulty of this conversation has been the proof these people are after. Faith isn't having proof, so it has been a bit of a challenge.

I've really learned a lot about sharing my faith with others over the last few days. We recently spent some time on this subject as a congregation at church, and one of the things that we were asked to do was to write down our faith story, so we would have it for a reference. After really thinking it over, I decided that wasn't a good way to go about it. When the time comes for me to witness to someone and share Jesus, I want it to come from the heart. I want it to come from God, and have him right there with me putting words into my mouth. I don't want it to come from a piece of paper or sound like it's been rehearsed. It needs to come from within. And that's really how this conversation has been going. A group of us have gently been taking turns sharing God from the heart. I know for me, I stayed out of it for a while before I felt a nudging to jump in and share some of my feelings. It's really been an amazing experience. And I would not have had it if I had it all written down on paper and copied onto the screen.

The depths of God's knowledge is unfathomable, and someday, when we're all in heaven with him we can then ask him how he does things. Just imagine! Asking God how he created something, or why he created the stars and the planets. And hopefully through me, others will be able to ask him those same questions.

No comments: