Monday, May 21, 2007

Avoid Division

I can't help but wonder if the verse of the day is different for everyone. Because more days than not, the verse is spot on with whatever I'm thinking, or whatever is going on with us right now.

"I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought." 1 Corinthians 1:10

Last night as part of our small group time, we got together with members from a different church in our town to pray for our community. It was quite the service let me tell you! It was great to come together with like minds to pray for some of the needs in our area, and I am certain something began last night that is only going to continue and get better. This verse is exactly what we are trying to overcome. We are both Bible-believing churches and it's time we started working together for our community- there is so much need... Anyway, it was a good night. And when we went to bed last night I was still buzzing a little bit from the wonderful experience we had.

On a non-Biblical note this morning, I just want to share that summer is on its way. I'm sure regular readers have noticed that on the weekends, my Saturday posting is getting sporadic. (Sunday is my day off from posting). And I apologize to anyone checking in needing a post. And with summer coming up, I expect there may be a day or two where I miss a few posts here and there. Have no worries, I will still be keeping up my personal devotional time, but I suspect there may be a few days where the kids and I have plans to be up and out the door for the day. So I will post as much as I can when I can. :-)

May God Bless you and your week ahead!

No comments: