Thursday, April 05, 2007

Instructions!

10 All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful
for those who keep the demands of his covenant.

11 For the sake of your name, O LORD,
forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

12 Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD ?
He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.

13 He will spend his days in prosperity,
and his descendants will inherit the land.

14 The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.

15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare. Psalm 25:10-15

The man who fears the Lord will receive instruction as to the path God has chosen for him. How great is that! Now obviously the term "man" is used in general here and can be applied to a woman as well. It would read more like a person who fears the Lord. But the exciting part to me is that we will receive instruction to our path. God himself will see to it that we receive the instruction that we need. For some people, this may mean higher educations specifically, and for some people it may be spiritual direction. For myself, I believe that right now that path is the one I am one. The path of mother and homemaker. And for me, I've found my direction right in my Bible! That is the best part. I have posted many times before, and I will certainly do so again that Proverbs 31 is my inspiration. It is the passage in the Bible that I try so hard to model myself after.

My path, my direction right now is to honor my husband with all my heart and soul. To maintain his home in a manner befitting him, and to raise his children in the best way possible. That is the path for now, once the children have grown and gone on to their own respective paths, that may change. I may find myself at the beginning of a new path, but for today, I thank the Lord for this current path that I am on, and I pray that he continue to guide me along the way and help me to rise above the many obstacles that are placed before me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this thought. My favorite Bible verse is Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship (He made us), created in CHrist Jesus to do good works which He has prepared in advance for us to do." He has indeed made our paths and will direct us in them. We must trust Him and seek His hand in that. I'm glad that you are at peace with your path right now!

Erika W. said...

I AM grateful that I am at peace with my path right now. So many people I know aren't. There's this belief that being a wife and mother isn't enough, and there must be more out there. And for some, I'm sure this is true, but I think if more people would embrace what they have instead of wanting more, they would be at peace with where they are.