Wednesday, March 28, 2007

You can do it!

At church recently we've been discussing witnessing and evangelism. There's been plenty of encouragement on how to be bolder and be better able to start up a conversation with a stranger- because you never know where that conversation may lead. Something that has come up recently is what to say when the time comes. What do you say when one of these conversations turns into an opportunity to witness? How do you know the right things to say? This morning as I opened my Bible I found exactly what will happen when the time comes. When the door is wide open and the opportunity knocking, God will take care of it.

"10 But Moses pleaded with the Lord, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.”

11 Then the Lord asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the Lord? 12 Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.” Exodus 4:10-12

It would be very easy to make excuses about why I couldn't witness to someone. I could say that I'm not very good at that kind of thing and send them to someone else, or I could have a whole long spiel prepared ahead of time, but that would sound very canned and prepared, and not very "from the heart", in my opinion. Instead I can be confident in my God. Confident that by being obedient to God and the promptings of the Holy Spirit, that I will find the right words to say at the right time. God will guide my tongue to say what it needs to when I need to. As long as I am obedient, God will do the rest.


No comments: